- Reuters does Riyadh. If you want to read more about what to do and where to go in the Saudi capital, please refer to the Riyadh favorites category on this blog.
- gulfnews: “A Saudi groom cancelled his wedding ceremony at the last minute after the bride’s father insisted on getting half of his daughter’s salary as long as he lived and on writing a clause to the effect in the marriage contract.”
- I’m not sure how I missed this when it was published in December, Saudi lawyer Khalid Alnowaiser has a really, really good piece in Arab News. He know what he is doing. He begins, “I realize I am taking up a very sensitive subject. I also understand that I would be stereotyped as liberal or secular, but I don’t care as long as this article provokes readers to consider thoughtfully the future of our country.” Do read the whole thing.
- One of my fav expat blogs is this photo journal by Laylah, a Scandinavian nurse working in Riyadh.
- Starbucks has a new logo. Fellow blogger Roba Assi has a funny infographic comparing the evolution of the Starbucks logo in Saudi Arabia vs the rest of the world.
Tag Archives: reuters
Friday, January 7, 2011 – 17:23
By Ahmed | | |